The admit cards of GATE 2019 was released by IIT Madras on January 4, 2019. The GATE 2019 exam for all the 24 papers has been successfully conducted by IIT Madras on February 2, 3, 9 and 10 in forenoon and afternoon shifts each day. The GATE 2019 result has been announced on March 15. Candidates who have registered for the entrance exam were allowed to download the GATE admit card 2019 by using their enrollment ID or email ID and password through GOAPS in order to appear in the exam. It is to be noted that the GATE 2019 admit card was not be sent to any candidate; they were required to download it. However, before downloading the admit card of GATE 2019, it is important that candidates check all the details mentioned over it and in case of any discrepancies, immediately inform the authorities.No request for any changes in the examination centre, date or time as specified in the GATE admit card 2019 will be taken into consideration by the authorities. On the GATE examination day, candidates will be required to carry their admit cards along with original identity proof, otherwise, entry inside the hall will be restricted. Candidates can get complete information in this article about GATE 2019 admit card including the process to download it, availability dates, and particulars of admit card, etc. You can see the list of GATE Exam Centershere.
Latest: GATE 2019 Score Card available now
Latest: GATE 2019 Result announced on March 15
Important Dates related to GATE Admit Card 2019
GATE 2019 College & PSU Predictor
Know your chances of getting into Colleges or PSUs as per your GATE Score.
Release of GATE 2019 admit card
January 4, 2019 (around 4:00 pm)
Last date to download admit card
|February 10, 2019|
GATE 2019 entrance exam
|February 2, 3, 9 & 10, 2019|
GATE 2019 result announcement
March 15, 2019
How to download GATE Admit Card 2019?
To check and download the admit card of GATE 2019, candidates need to follow the steps given below.
- Click on the link given above
- Enter GATE 2019 enrollment number/ email id and password
- Click on “Submit” button
- The dashboard will open and the candidates will have to click on “Download Admit Card”
- The admit card will be downloaded
- Check the details mentioned over it for any discrepencies
- Take 2 color printouts of the admit card on A4 sized paper
GATE admit card window looks like the window given below:
Details mentioned over GATE admit card 2019
- Date and day of the entrance exam
- Time of the exam
- Registration number
- Name of the candidate
- GATE paper appearing for
- Examination centre code, name and address
- Photograph of the candidate
- Signature of the candidate
- GATE organizing chairman signature
- Exam day instructions to the candidate
- The authorities had released the exam schedule. For certain papers the exam was conducted in two different sessions whereas, others were organized in single session papers. Candidates can check the multi-session papers and single session papers from the table given below:
Multi-Session Papers (Exams in two different sessions)
Geology and Geophysics
Architecture and Planning
Computer Science and Information Technology
Electronics and Communication Engineering
Production and Industrial Engineering
Ecology and Evolution
Textile Engineering and Fibre Science
Sectional-Single Session Papers
Engineering Mathematics (Compulsory)
Polymer Science and Engineering
Atmospheric and Oceanic Science
Steps to Retrieve GATE 2019 Enrollment ID and Password
Candidates need to follow the given steps to check their enrollment ID and password in case they forget it.
In case candidates forgot Password?
- Click on “Request for OTP”. The OTP will be sent to the candidates’ registered mobile number.
- The OTP has to be submitted after which the candidates will be able to reset their password.
In case candidates forgot Enrollment ID?
- Click on “Forgot Enrollment ID”
- Candidates will have to enter their registered mobile number.
- The Enrollment ID will be sent to the registered mobile number and email ID of the candidate.
Things to keep in mind while downloading the GATE admit card 2019
Since GATE 2019 admit card is an important document to carry to the examination hall, candidates must download it properly keeping the following things in mind.
- Candidates must not forget to check all the details mentioned in the admit card, of whether they are clear and correct or not.
- It is important to check the clarity of the photograph in the admit card. In case, the photograph is not identifiable, then the admit card of GATE will not be valid. Also, if the photograph on the admit card does not match with the person appearing in the exam, the person will not be allowed inside the examination hall.
- The signature as on the admit card must also be checked off their clarity and visibility. The signature must match the one which will be used in the examination centre.
- GATE 2019 registration number must be checked as if it is correct and clearly mentioned or not.
- Candidates must take a print out of GATE admit card on A4 size paper. For this, a laser colour printer must be used.
Photo Identification Proofs to be carried along with GATE Admit Card 2019
Candidates must mark this – the GATE 2019 admit card has to be carried along with an original photo identification proof. Candidates will NOT be allowed inside the examination hall if they forget to carry their identity proof. Only carrying GATE admit card to the exam hall will not be enough. The identification proof produced along with the admit card of GATE must be the same as used during the application procedure.
Identification Proofs to be carried (anyone) – Indian Candidates
- PAN Card
- Voter ID
- Aadhaar Card
- College ID
- Employee ID
- Driving License
Identification Proofs to be carried (anyone) – International Candidates
- Valid Passport
- Government issued ID
- College ID
- Employee ID
Instructions on GATE Admit Card 2019 for the exam day
- The admit card of GATE 2019 must be presented for verification along with the original valid photo identification proof specified at the time of filling the application form. A photo ID proof can be any of the following – Passport, PAN Card, Voter ID, Aadhaar-UID, College ID, Employee ID, or Driving License.
- GATE 2019 admit card will be valid only if the candidate’s photograph and signature are clear and legible. To ensure this, the candidates should take a colored printout of the admit card on an A4 size paper using a laser printer.
- All candidates are requested to report at the examination venue 60 minutes before the exam starts. Candidates can also visit/locate the venue a day before to avoid any last minute confusion and to reach in time on the exam day.
- Only after all of the credentials are verified, the candidates will be allowed to appear in the examination.
- No candidate will be allowed to enter the examination venue after 9.30 am.
- Candidates will be allowed to occupy their allotted seats 45 minutes before scheduled start of the exam. The candidates will have to log in and start reading all of the instructions 20 minutes before the examination commences.
- Before the examination ends, the candidates will not be permitted to leave the examination hall.
- Personal calculators, mobile phones, watches or any other electronic devices will not be allowed in the examination hall. A virtual scientific calculator will be available on the computer screen during the exam. Candidates will not be allowed to bring any charts/tables/papers into the examination hall. GATE authorities will not be responsible for the personal belongings of the candidate.
- For rough work, the candidates will be provided with scribble pads. All candidates will have to write their name and registration number on the scribble pad before he/she uses it. The scribble pad has to be returned to the invigilator at the end of the exam.
GATE 2019 Exam Pattern
Mode of Exam
Computer Based Exam (Online)
3 hours (180 minutes)
Total Number of Questions
Type of Question
Two types of questions asked:
Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)
Numerical Answer Type (NAT) Questions
GATE 2019 question paper will consist of three sections:
Engineering Mathematics (for XL papers it is Chemistry)
Subject – Specific section
General Aptitude Section
General Aptitude (GA) section will have 10 questions. 5 of the questions will be of 1 mark and the remaining 5 will be of 2 marks. Therefore, the total marks for this section will be 15 marks.
1 mark MCQs – 1/3 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
2 mark MCQs – 2/3 mark will be deducted for every wrong response.
Zero marks will be awarded for unattempted questions
No negative marking will be done for Numerical Answer Type (NAT) questions
GATE 2019 Zonal Offices Contact Information
Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru 560 012
Indian Institute of Technology Bombay,
Powai, Mumbai 400 076
Indian Institute of Technology Delhi,
Hauz Khas, New Delhi 110 016
Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati,
Guwahati 781 039
Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur,
Kanpur 208 016
Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur,
Kharagpur 721 302
Indian Institute of Technology Madras,
Chennai 600 036
Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee,
Roorkee 247 667